Here are 10 Time Matters tips that can help you save time and simplify your life:
- To turn off the Alert’s, Reminders and Watches form upon login, go to File > Setup > General > User Level and uncheck the “Show Alerts and Reminders screen after login” box.
- At the login screen, you can save your current login information by selecting the Options button and checking “Save This Login”.
- With a List open, you can use the hot keys CTRL+T to tag all records. CTRL+U untags them.
- The main data entry forms in Time Matters are resizable. Click and hold a corner or edge of the form, and drag the cursor to resize it.
- Quick Tabs provide you the ability to create and view filtered lists or saved searches, allowing you to see critical information at a glance saving you a lot of time. For a complete lesson on creating Quick Tabs download this free guide (pdf).
- To modify the buttons on the Main toolbar, right-click on it and click Customize.
- Archive records when they are no longer needed. Open a list, tag all unused records, and on the Main Menu go to Process > Archive Records. This is helpful if you want to hide (but not delete) inactive clients and matters.
- Here’s my personal favorite - Almost any list can easily be sent to Excel, making it simple to print records, manipulate columns, etc. When you are on a Quick Tab, hit CTRL + T to tag all of the records in the list. Click the Send to Excel button on the list toolbar. Excel will automatically open filling in the spreadsheet with the selected information.
- Time Matters has its own Recycle Bin just for deleted records. If a record is not on a list, or you need to retrieve a record that was deleted, go to File > Recycle Bin. Records can be retrieved from here.
- Time Matters gives you the ability to secure or hide a particular field, or allow only certain people to edit or view the field. This is a good tool to secure social security numbers or other sensitive data. This should only be performed by a trained professional.
Have any more tips you’d like to share?